The Salesforce Single SignOn for PrestaShop is also known as Salesforce SSO for PrestaShop. It allows users to sign in or sign up with the help of Salesforce Login into the PrestaShop site easily. This makes users comfortable to use the PrestaShop site with a single click without entering their credentials for PrestaShop.
For this, you have to install and set up the Salesforce Login module on your PrestaShop site. Then configure it on both sides Salesforce CRM and PrestaShop.
What are the Features of Salesforce SSO for PrestaShop?
A few features of Salesforce SSO are as follows:-
- Sign in or Sign up to the PrestaShop site using third-party platform credentials (Salesforce).
- Single-click login.
- No registration is required to sign in or sign up.
- Salesforce Org authenticates user access by playing the role of a third-party identity provider.
- Easy to set up and access.
How to Add the Salesforce Single SignOn Module in PrestaShop?
Follow the steps to add or upload the Salesforce Login module to your PrestaShop site:-
- First of all, Open your PrestaShop site using your credentials.
- Then go to the Modules option in the left navigation bar.
- Click on the Modules Manager option.
- Now, click on the Upload a module button on the right side of the screen.
- Click on Select file and upload the zip file of the module and wait for it to upload successfully.
- Then you will see a button named Configure
Prestashop Company ? Read More
- You can click on the Configure button in front of the Salesforce Login module that is shown under the Administration heading.
- The configuration will be done after the Salesforce setup.
How to Set up Salesforce for Salesforce SSO Module?
Steps to set up the Salesforce SSO for PrestaShop are mentioned here:-
- Open Salesforce and log in using your credentials
- Then in Setup go to the Quick Find field and search for Identity Provider
- Click on the Identity Provider option from shown options
- Then in Identity Provider, click on Enable Identity Provider button
- Select the certificate from the drop-down and click on the Save button.
- After this, you can see the details of the Identity Provider Setup on your screen.
- Now from Quick Find the search and open the App Manager.
- Click on the button New Connected App that is at the top right side of the window.
- You will get a form on your screen that you have to fill out the form for a new connected app
- Fill out the form with all the required details like app name, API name, email, and other details. Then click on the Save button.
- When you click on the checkbox to Enable SAML then it asks you to fill few details such as
- Start URL
- Entity ID
- ACS URL
You have to copy the ASC URL from the PrestaShop Salesforce Configure page and then paste it here in all these 3 fields. Click on the Save button.
- After this, go to the Connected Apps then click on Manage Connected Apps.
- Then click on the App that you just created in the above steps.
- Now scroll down to the bottom. Here, you can create new Custom Attributes.
- After clicking on New Custom Attributes
- Provide the Attribute name and value.
- For example-
- Attribute Key: FirstName; Attribute Value:$User.FirstName
- Attribute Key: LastName; Attribute Value: $User.LastName
- Then click on the Save button.
- Click on Manage Profile and then choose the profiles to whom you want to give access to login to PrestaShop using Salesforce credentials.
- Select the profiles and then click on the Save button.
- Now, you have to connect Salesforce with PrestaShop for the Salesforce Single SignOn module.
- You have to go to Manage Connected Apps again.
- Then click on the newly created app.
- Now scroll down and go to the SAML Login Information heading.
- From here you require-
- An IDP-initiated Login URL
- A Single Logout Endpoint URL, and
- A Metadata certificate.
- Copy these URLs and paste them into your PrestaShop configuration Page fields named Single SignOn Service and Single Logout Service.
- Click on the Download Metadata button and copy its code to paste it into the PrestaShop’s Configuration field.
How to Configure Salesforce Single SignOn at PrestaShop’s end?
Here are the steps to configure the Salesforce Login module in PrestaShop:-
- In PrestaShop go to Modules and click on Module Manager
- Click on the Configure button of the Salesforce Login Module.
- Then you have to paste the URLs in the fields:-
- Single SignOn Service- Paste IdPP-initiated URL from Salesforce.
- Single Logout Service- Paste Single Logout Endpoint URL from Salesforce.
- x509cert- Download the Metadata certificate and then open up that XML file. In the XML file copy, the detail written in front of “<ds:X509Certificate>” and paste it into this field of PrestaShop.
- Then click on Save and you are done.
You are now done with the configuration on both ends so your selected profiles can log in to PrestaShop using the Salesforce Login button easily without facing any issues.
In conclusion, the module of Salesforce Single SignOn (SSO) for PrestaShop makes it easy for your users to sign in using the Salesforce Login button. So, you won’t require to share your PrestaShop credentials with them. The one who is accessing Salesforce can now easily access the PrestaShop site if the profile is assigned to Salesforce. Otherwise, they won’t be able to log in using Single SignOn.
If you have any issues while using Salesforce Single SignOn for the PrestaShop module or have any other query then connect with the Salesforce consultant team. You can also email us at [email protected] or do a live chat with us.