Realtime changes in POS with Odoo POS Realtime Update!
Keeping POS up to date is essential for the growth of the business. Especially when the POS users have to update new products, orders, customers, and much more during a live session.
So, how can POS users get real-time updates in Odoo POS?
Odoo POS Realtime Update is the solution for you. It allows you to update the products, partner, price, list items, and taxes data in the POS session without refreshing the POS session.
Moreover, you can perform any operation like creating, updating, or deleting the product from the backend. Changes will automatically be updated in the POS Session. There is no need to reload the page as it will update all the changes in real-time.
Odoo Company ? Read More
Further, It updates the product, customers, product prices, pricelist, and tax-related data added or updated the existing ones by the admin from the backend in POS.
- Odoo POS Realtime Update enables you to update the product, customer, price list items, and taxes data in the POS without page reloading the session in Odoo.
- You can easily add, update or delete the product, customer, price list items, and taxes data without interrupting the running POS Session.
- The long polling feature will automatically update the POS Session without reloading the page.
- As an admin, you can easily manage the real-time update.
- You can enable/disable this functionality for a particular POS Shop from the backend.
- Once you purchase the App from Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file on your system after the download finishes. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘wk_pos_longpolling.’
- Copy and paste this folder inside your Odoo Add-Ons path.
- Now, open the Odoo App and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Activate the Developer Mode.
- Then, open the Apps menu and click on ‘Update Modules List.’
- In the search bar, remove all the filters and search ‘wk_pos_longpolling.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install’ to install it.
1. Firstly, log in to your Odoo backend and follow the path ‘Point Of Sale> Configuration> Point of Sale.’
2. On the page, click on the POS session you want to use and ‘Enable LongPolling’ and click the ‘Save’ button.
3. The POS session will show the ‘Longpolling’ option on the top right. Moreover, while loading the icon will be in ‘Red.’
4. If you have more than one tab open, then the POS longpolling will take more time, and a popup will show on the screen informing you about the session and asking you to close it.
5. Moreover, when the session is completely loaded, the longpolling icon will turn ‘Green’ from red.
6. After that, navigate to ‘Orders> Customers> Create’ and create a new customer.
7. In the POS session ‘Customer’ section, you can view the newly created customer.
8. Once done in the backend, go to ‘Products> Products> Create’ and create a new product.
9. In the POS session, you can view the newly created product among other products.
10. On the newly created product, you can edit ‘Sale Price’ and update ‘Customer Taxes.’
11. In the POS session, you can view the updated ‘Price’ and ‘Tax.’
12. The module is configured, and you can view all the changes in real-time.
OTHER ODOO POS MODULES
I hope you find the guide helpful! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/queries regarding the module, please raise a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
For any doubt, contact us at [email protected].
Thanks for paying attention!!
Current Product Version – 1.0.0
Supported Framework Version – V15