I had applied in the month of April, through the official career site of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India), for the role of Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) Only 2021 & 2022 batch candidates were eligible. The selection process consisted of Three Rounds: Online Assessment, Preliminary Interview and Final Interview.
Online Assessment: I received the online assessment link on 29th April and my test was scheduled on 30th April. The test had 2 sections of total duration 60 minutes. Section 1 was of 40 minutes which consisted of 40 questions from aptitude, reasoning, and English. Section 2 was of 20 minutes which consisted of 20 pseudocodes and the language choice was Python/Java/C++. I was able to clear this round successfully.
Preliminary Interview: I got an email on 11th May stating that I had successfully cleared the Online Assessment Round and was required to choose a day and time for Preiminary Interview. So I got my interview scheduled on 12th May, which was held online via Zoom meeting. There was one interviewer. The questions that were asked to me:
- Tell me about yourself
- I had done a project on Python so the interviewer asked me to explain the project
- Explain principles of OOPS
- Whatis slicing in python
- Explain pointer
- How do rate yourself in coding, on a scale of 1 – 10
I got a mail on 24th May which said that I had successfully cleared the interview and was required to upload certain documents, which I completed successfully on 25th May. The last communication I received was on 24th May and there were no further updates regarding the final interview until 27th October.
Finally, on 27th October I received a mail which was a survey to check whether I was available for the Final Interview which was supposed to happen between 31st October and 3rd November.
Final Interview: I had my final interview scheduled on 1st November, which took place on Ms Teams. There were 5 interviewers in the room and everyone asked questions individually. The interview lasted for almost 50 minutes. The questions asked by each is given below.
- Can you give us your brief introduction
- Are you aware of the CTC and service agreement
- Can you relocate to Mumbai
- Do you have any backlogs
- Is the overall percentage above the minimum criteria (60%)
- What do you know about NPCI
- Describe your final year project
- What programming languages do you know
- How would you rate yourself in the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python
- Difference between Call by Value and Call by Reference
- What is Heap Memory
- Difference between List and Set
- Difference between Array and Linked List
- What is Recursion
- What is Depth of Recursion
- What are the two Phases of Recursion
- Write a program to check whether a String is Palindrome or not
- Write a program to Reverse a string
- Write a program to Sort an Array in ascending order
- Types of variables in C++
- What is Static Variable
- What is Auto Variable
- What is Global Variable
- What is Pointer and where is it used
- What is Garbage Collection
- What is Constructor and Destructor
- What is Function Overloading and Function Overriding
- What is DBMS
- Explain ACID Properties
- Types of Join in SQL
- Explain Types of Joins
- What are the four OOPS Principles
- Explain Polymorphism
- Write an SQL query to insert a value into a table
- Difference between Primary Key and Unique Key
- What is DDL and DML
- What is Normalization
- Use of MySQL
- Since you have mentioned that you are not very familiar with Java, how flexible are you in learning new languages or learning new technologies
- Do you have any questions for us.
I was able to answer all the questions. Finally, on the 3rd of November I got a mail that said I had successfully cleared the final interview round and was welcome to join the NPCI family. The Offer Letter was attached with the mail and my date of onboarding was 28th November.