Round 1: First round was an online test. It was conducted on the HackerEarth platform. This round consisted of 22 questions in which:
- 20 – MCQs(10 Technical – JAVA, C++, C, Guessing output, 10 Aptitude )
- Coding questions
- One question on Dynamic Programing: https://www.hackerearth.com/problem/algorithm/minimum-substring-1-1421cac2/
- Another on bit Manipulation
You will get shortlisted if you can solve at least one coding question and manage to do well in MCQs. Results were announced after a week.
Round 2: For round 2 they have scheduled 2 interviews on the same within a gap of 1 hour. Both interviews were pretty much technical and coding questions (DSA).
Interview 1:The interviewer asked me to introduce myself then he jumped into asking a coding question on Binary trees. He wanted me to explain the approach and then wanted me to write the code (just the function).
Interview 2: Tell me about the most interesting project that you have done to date.
- Coding question: You will be given a binary string, add one, and output the binary string.
- What is a composition in java?
- Composition vs Inheritance.
- operating system scheduling algorithms
Results were announced the same day and the shortlisted students had to undergo Managerial Round, this was the last round.
Round 3(Managerial round): From reference as I was not shortlisted for further round.
- Reading directory and file to count no. of words and add multithreading to it.
- string rotation
One puzzle included cutting pizzas optimally.
- Check if the two families are equal with the two classes given
Person class-each person has some properties like age, name, etc. family class-which contains a collection of persons and subfamilies two families are equal if one family person’s properties match with the properties of the other family’s personality and their subfamilies match as well. A family can have any number of subfamilies.
The overall level of the interview was medium and DSA is always the key and most basic.