Difficulty Level: Easy – Medium
Hello everyone! Recently, Cognizant visited our campus and I appeared for their GenC Elevate assessment. So, here is my detailed experience with the company’s hiring process. The Hiring process of Cognizant was of 3 rounds
Round 1 (Online Test The online test comprised of two sections):
- Coding Section: Comprises three questions. The level of questions was between easy to medium
- SQL Section: In this section, there were two questions and we have to write the SQL queries for them. One question was related to Joins and another one was simply related to aggregate functions in SQL.
I was able to solve 1.5 questions in the Coding section and 1 question in the SQL section. Hence I got shortlisted for the next round. The results rolled out for this round within one week.
Round 2 (Communication Round): The communication round is not an elimination round. It is just for checking the student’s reading, listening, and comprehension skills. This round is easy to moderate level. The results were rolled out for this round within 2-3 days
Round 3 (Technical Interview): My technical interview was scheduled for 25th August 2022. Here are the questions that the interviewer asked me:
- Explain your projects and internship experience
- What is your preferred language?
- What are your preferred technologies?
- What is oops? What are the features of the oops
- What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
- What is abstraction and how it is achieved?
- What are Class and objects? What difference between them?
- What is a process? What is the program? What is software?
- What is OS? Is it software or hardware?
- Some aptitude-related questions like – Find the next letter in the series – M N N P O Q P R Q W?
- What is the use of virtual functions?
- How is function overriding useful for us?
After these questions, the interviewer started the HR Interview Questions.
- Would you like to work night shifts?
- On which domain/technology would you like to work in Cognizant?
- What are your location preferences?
- What will you do if you are not provided with your preferred location?
- Do you have any other offers?
- Were you associated with cognizant in past?
My interview lasted for around 30-35 minutes. Overall the interview experience with Cognizant was very good and the interviewer was highly cooperative.