Are you dreaming of becoming the next Instagram sensation with millions of followers? or Do you have hundreds of unique ideas for producing engaging Instagram content? or Are you looking to start your journey of fame and success from Instagram?
If your answer to all these questions is yes, this blog will be a very important piece of advice that can help you boost your Instagram profile and become a sensation on social media. In this article, we’ll reveal the most asked question – “What is the best time to post on Instagram?”
Let’s get straight to the point the best time to post on Instagram is between 6 am-11 am (PST) which is 7:30 PM – 12:30 AM (IST). You would have read the same line in many blogs and articles or heard from various influencers, and yes, it is true, but it is an incomplete story. There is much more than just this one-time frame you need to take care of. When asked about the best time to post on Instagram, just one line cannot be the answer.
What is the Best Time to Post on Instagram?
“Best Time to Post on Instagram” does not mean that Instagram has preplanned a time frame in which all the videos and pictures being posted will get a significant boost. It instead reflects the time frame people are most active in different time zones & local time zone. Knowing this can benefit you in terms of engagement and reach.
One thing which is essential to know is that there is no single time frame throughout a week you should follow. The best time to post on Instagram changes according to every day of the week. The highest reach is received on weekends as people are mostly free around those times & surf the internet a lot.
If you talk about the weekdays, you need to carefully plan your posting & understand the different time frames to serve your account’s purpose. To understand the best time to post on Instagram in a little more depth, let’s talk about every day of the week one by one & see how we can get our posts seen by people at large:
- Monday is the first day of the week; people try to make a substantial impact from the start and return after a break with a calm mind. People will surf through Instagram from around 9 AM to 10 AM and after work hours, which is 6 PM.
- Tuesday is the second day of the week. The best time to post on Instagram is the same as Monday, 9 AM to 10 AM, and after work hours, which is 6 PM.
- Wednesday is the third day of the week. You will get a significant boost if you post anything in the early morning, which is 5 AM to 11 AM, or at lunchtime, which is around 3 PM.
- Thursday is the fourth day of the week. Being a working day, you can opt for posting at 12 PM or 5 PM to get the best boost to your post.
- Friday is the fifth day of the week. This day has a huge potential; people turn on their chill-out modes. You can utilize the time frame of 9 AM to 10 AM and 5 PM to 6 PM and bring the best to the platform.
- Saturday is the second last day of the week and a holiday for most people. Every day, it has a great scope of boosting and enhancing potential. You can post in the time frame of 8 AM to 12 PM. Being a holiday brings an excellent opportunity to grow in front of you.
- Sunday is the last day of the week and a holiday for all. The best time to post on Sunday would be 10 AM to 2 PM.
It is important to note that the best time to post anything on Instagram changes in different time zones. This blog describes the time according to PST, which should be changed in IST, EST, or GST to decide which time to post on Instagram to get the most out of it.
If you want a significant boost on the Instagram platform, you must schedule your post for early morning because the early birds will get the most out of it this year.
Note: Avoid posting on Mondays as it’s the start of the week and the engagement level usually stays low due to people starting to settle in the new week.
Best Time to Post a Reel on Instagram
Reels have become Instagram’s best and most loved feature; in 2023, every professional will try to grasp the reel algorithm to gain the best boost and promote the brand. In such a case, it becomes essential for people to know the best time to post a reel on Instagram, which is:
- Monday: the reels circulate better when posted at 3 AM and 7 PM. According to Hootsuite, you can also try out posting between 9 AM-12 PM.
- Tuesday: you should post a reel in the morning and afternoon. The best time points will be 12 AM, 1 AM, and 6 AM.
- Wednesday: the reel should be posted at 4 AM, 6 AM, and 9 PM.
- Thursday: 6 AM and 4 PM is the best time to post a reel on this day.
- Friday: 2 AM, 11 AM, and 1 PM could be reels’ most engaging time frames.
- Saturday: being a weekend, it has a great scope. The reel can be posted at 9 AM, 4 PM, and 5 PM.
- Sunday: you should post a reel in the morning and afternoon. The best time points will be 5 AM, 8 AM, and 1 PM.
Why Plan Before Starting your Instagram Journey?
Today, when millions of people try to become successful content creators for Instagram, it becomes crucial to plan everything precisely before jumping into it. Planning helps you to stay consistent and adhere to the path you think will get you the most out of it. It makes your journey stable, and you can spectate better.
Without proper planning, you might get confused about what works and what doesn’t on Instagram, which will hinder your growth. Every other person has a way of working according to the platform’s algorithm. This algorithm is initiated by the platform itself and must be comprehended by every content creator to get the maximum boost.
If you start planning your process, you will get enough time to comprehend the algorithm and work according to it. You can get the maximum boost through it with minimum effort. Just a little strategizing will bring you many benefits.
The time frame when you post a reel or any other post on Instagram matters a lot to determine whether your post will receive a significant boost and reach or not. Also, the engagement rate is high at a particular time while low at others, making researching before establishing an Instagram account important for people.