The regulation in the EU law for protecting the data and privacy in the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Bagisto eCommerce Marketplace GDPR module is framed in such a way that it follows all the user data protection for the latest European Union regulations and guidelines.
And including it, the module got many options such as viewing, accessing, erasing, or updating the seller’s private data.
This module allows the sellers/customers to send requests for updates/delete their personal data/account and the admin can update the status of the customer’s request as pending/processing/ complete/ decline.
Note: This module is an add-on to the Laravel Multi Vendor Marketplace Module. To use this module you must have installed Webkul Laravel Multi Vendor Marketplace first.
- The Seller/Customer both /can request for data update or delete.
- The Seller/Customer both has the access to his data immediately in PDF or HTML.
- The Seller/Customer both can view all his data related to the account, address, product, order, and transaction details.
- The admin can enable seller data consent on the seller registration and account edit page.
- The admin can enable cookie notice on all the pages on the website.
- The admin can change the design of the cookie notice by simply creating a new static block and setting the identifier in the module configuration.
- The admin can see all the seller data update and delete requests in the grid.
- The admin can easily update the status of each request to pending, processing, complete, or decline.
- On each status update, the seller will receive a mail.
- The admin can solve the Data Request and can change the status of the request.
- Unzip the respective extension zip and then merge “packages” and “storage” folders into the project root directory.
- Goto config/app.php file and add the following line under ‘providers’.
- Goto the composer.json file and add the following line under ‘psr-4’
- Run these commands below to complete the setup.
composer dump-autoload php artisan optimize php artisan migrate php artisan route:cache php artisan db:seed --class=Webkul\\MarketplaceGDPR\\Database\\Seeders\\DatabaseSeeder
If you are a windows user then run the below command-
php artisan db:seed --class="Webkul\MarketplaceGDPR\Database\Seeders\DatabaseSeeder" php artisan vendor:publish --force -> Press the number before "Webkul\MarketplaceGDPR\Providers\MarketplaceGDPRServiceProvider" and then press enter to publish all assets and configurations.
That’s it, now just execute the project on your specified domain.
After the successful installation of the module, the admin can navigate to Bagisto store>>Settings>>GDPR.
Enabled GDPR – By the toggle button, the admin can active or inactive this module.
Enabled Customer Data Agreement– On the customer/seller registration page and edit the account page, the admin can enable the button as yes or no.
Agreement Checkbox Label- Here the admin will put the text which will be displayed below the customer/seller registration page as a link with the checkbox.
Agreement Content- The admin can set all the text over customer data agreement content which will be displayed on the popup page after clicking on the Agreement link.
Cookie Message Settings
Enabled Cookie Notice– The admin can set enable the button to display the cookie static block on the front end.
Cookie Block Display Position– The admin can set the position of Cookie Block as Bottom Left or Bottom Right.
Cookie Static Block Identifier– The admin has to enter the Static block Identifier code to display that static block on the frontend.
Your Cookie Consent Preferences
These are the cookie consents that are preferred by the customer/seller what all he wants to save under the cookies.
They are of the following types-
- Experience Enhancement
- Basic Interactions & Functionalities
- Strictly Necessary
- Targeting & Advertising
User Panel- GDPR Data Request
At the user panel, the seller/customer both can ask the admin for any request, update, or delete the account information.
For this, the customer/seller will have to go to his Profile Section and then click on the Data Request as per the below image –
The customer/seller has different options here-
Request Data Access– The customer/seller can access their data in pdf and HTML format.
Request Data Update– The customer/seller can send the request to update the information. For this, the customer has to write the information he wants to update and then submit the request.
Request to Delete Account– The customer/seller can send the request to delete the complete account. For this, the customer has to write the reason why they want to delete the account and then submit the request.
Request List– The customer/seller can see Request ID, Request Description, Request Status, Request Type, Created Date, and Updated date.
Admin Panel- GDPR Data Request
The admin can see GDPR request details of customers/sellers to their respective places.
If the admin wants to see the customer’s request details, then the admin needs to go to his dashboard and then follow this path Customer>GDPR Data Requests.
By clicking on the edit icon, the admin can change the status of the request. They are as follows- update, processing, complete, and declined.
And is able to see the request type made by the customer with the message he had sent.
If the admin wants to see the seller’s request details, then the admin needs to go to his dashboard and then follow this path Marketplace>>Seller GDPR Data Request.
And rest is the same as the customer’s end.
So, that was much about the User Guide of Bagisto eCommerce Marketplace GDPR for any queries or doubts reach out to us at [email protected]. You can also raise a ticket at our HelpDesk System.
Please explore our Laravel Development Services and Quality Bagisto Extensions.
Current Product Version – v1.3.3
Supported Framework Version – v1.3.3