I’ve applied through the career page of Amazon. and After approx. one month got mail for OA.
Round 1: First round was an Online Assessment round. there were two coding questions for these two questions I had to write code and explain the solution through by writing text.
After 15 days I received a call from HR and asked for availability. And next two rounds were scheduled on the same day.
Round 2: Second round was the DSA round. The interviewer had asked two coding questions for these questions I had to write clean code.
- Implement minStack using one stack.
- We have given a list of strings. so we have to group the anagrams.
Ex: ["eat","fat","tae"] sol: [["eat","tae"],["fat"]]
Also asked questions related to leadership principles.
Round 3: The interviewer started with his intro and asked me to give my intro followed by two coding questions.
- I didn’t remember the exact question but it was related to finding a cycle in a directed graph.
- Find the longest palindrome that can be built by using characters of a given string.
and then asked situation-based questions.
The next day I received a call from HR and said that you had cleared both rounds and asked for availability for the next two rounds.
Round 4: This round was a Bar raiser round. In this round interviewer started with an intro and followed by situation-based questions. Then asked one coding question.
- We have given a text and some pattern, so we have to find a minimum length substring that contains all characters of the pattern. And gave me a chance to ask questions to him.
Round 5: This one was a Hiring manager round and after introducing each other interviewer asked one coding question.
- Implement a queue using two stacks. After writing the code interviewer had given me a chance to ask questions.
After four days I got a call that I’d been selected for SDE 1.
- For amazon you should practice some situation-based questions.
- Practice writing the code on a simple editor(notepad) because they will ask you to write code on these types of editors.
- Prepare some questions to ask to interviewer that will make a good impression to interviewer.
- If you are having short amount of time then go through the interview experience on gfg.