Points to Note:
- A .ts extension is used to save a TypeScript file.
- TypeScript is preferred for server-side programming language.
- TypeScript is recommended for building large-scale applications.
- It is statically typed i.e. unless you give the type of the variable, the code will not run which makes error detection easy.
1. Best For Creating Big Applications
Airbnb has recently made thought to make TypeScript its official language after discovering that TypeScript prevents bugs/errors which could make the application efficient. It highlights the error then and there while typing which executes the production rapidly.
This states that using TypeScript as the primary language for big application implementation could be of great help.
2. Classes Behave the Same as Python, C++
3. Frameworks Encourage TypeScript
4. Reliable and Explicit
6. Type Hinting/TypeCasting
7. Promotes a Better Development of Knowledge
TypeScript is very easy to understand and re-write, it becomes easy for developers to work even after gaps. Every line has a comment feature where you can comment while typing code, for future use. For enterprise-level applications, we have more developers working on the application development which can create a mess but with the type feature, it becomes easy to debug. This also brings better opportunities for collaboration because any developer can easily understand the codebase and start making changes as per the requirements. This, in return, promotes better knowledge and also could return efficient output.
8. Targets multiple browsers