Today, WordPress powers over 450 Million websites throughout the world and it still holds the title of the best CMS to date. There are multiple options available to get your website ready but WordPress offers an extensive range of plugins (50,000+) for each task to boost the performance of your website.
A deep understanding of useful plugins plays a key role rather than just offering basic features like other sites. As a developer, you must understand the requirement of a website and decide which plugin to choose for the best performance. Thus, the quality of plugins has been improving every year and with the help of their core developers, they have been able to build some of the most fascinating plugins which one must have on their website. Let’s check them out:
7 Best Plugins for WordPress Developers
1. Woo Commerce
It’s a very well-known tool that is used for setting up an online store. It offers secure management, transaction records, customizing products, and much more. It’s a perfect choice for those who wish to start their online presence and can also collect payments easily using payment gateways.
WooCommerce is a perfect plugin for Ecommerce and allows users to manage everything right under their fingers and its feasibility has enabled them in gaining a 4.9-star rating to date.
Besides this, let’s have a look at some key features of this plugin:
- Helps in creating elegant storefronts
- Check all stats within a few clicks
- Control how you want to get paid by the buyers.
2. Really Simple SSL
You must be aware of the fact that you will be required to get a certificate from an SSL provider which will be later installed in your website’s control panel. This will also require you to change your website’s URL from HTTP to HTTPS (manually).
However, this process is not as simple as it sounds and that’s where this plugin comes into play. With the help of this tool, a user can easily install the SSL certification in a few clicks, and also helps in fixing up any issues.
Really Simple SSL plugin is actually a wonderful tool to have and that’s why it has gained a 5-star rating from thousands of users to date.
Besides this, let’s have a look at some key features of this plugin:
- If you’re running a website without any SSL certificate, it will start sending prompt notifications to activate a free one.
- It also helps in filtering out cookies, handling reverse proxy, or any insecure content on the website.
- Features like HTTP Strict Transport Security, Security headers, and Extensive Scan of contents are also part of its notable features.
3. Lambda Test
This WordPress tool is a perfect solution for those who need to perform cross-browser testing. This plugin takes a full-page screenshot of the dedicated page by using real browsers. The best part about this plugin is that it checks cross-browser so that your app or page runs smoothly without any issues.
This tool has managed to gain 8.3-star ratings and some other key feature includes the following pointers:
- It offers an integrated debugger for testers so that issues can be resolved even during live testing.
- Basic testing can be performed with this tool but a user needs to pay $99/month for unlimited access to this tool (such as mobile testing, unlimited screenshots, etc.)
- It also provides Geo location testing that ensures the test goes well irrespective of the user’s location.
When it comes to website building, Elementor is the first plugin that pop-ups in the mind of every developer. Elementor is the one that enables developers to create website pages by offering features like a drag, drop, modify, delete, etc.
Once you’ll start exploring this tool, you’ll get to know that there are plenty of pre-made templates that can be used at the initial level. It also offers tons of other features and add-ons that are free to use (mostly).
Besides this, there are some other key highlighters that this plugin offers:
- It helps in optimizing the website to increase its speed.
- You don’t need to install any other extension if you’re using this plugin and you can almost do everything accordingly.
- The pro feature will enable some other elements that will help users to set up their account right from scratch but ensure to select compatible elements while running the free version.
5. Blog Vault
There are times when you’ll be managing and working with multiple tools and extensions, this will not just increase the productivity of the website but also increase the capability. On the other side, it will become problematic to keep track of everything and that’s why Blog Vault is the perfect solution in such scenarios.
This tool offers a complete solution for whole website management, staging, etc. Today, millions of sites are using this tool and it also offers more than 10,000 web hosting compatibility.
Besides this, let’s check out some key features of this plugin:
- This tool offers easy website migration in just a few clicks. So far, the heaviest migration that has happened was of above 300GB of storage.
- It also offers super speedy website restoration without any failure
- 24X7 data protection and real-time backups for WooCommerce stores.
6. Yoast SEO
When it comes to SEO, Yoast is the one that should come to every developer’s mind first. With over 8.7 star ratings, Yoast SEO is one of the most trusted plugins that helps websites to achieve their goal with the right approach. This plugin is an excellent choice for developers that target every scale of business for better results.
Besides this, let’s check out some key features of this SEO plugin:
- Being a developer you’ll be able to see any option to view individual pages as a “Preview” of how it will look when people will search on the Internet.
- Every time you’ll update any content on any specific page, this plugin will check the basic hygiene and will suggest you make necessary changes for better visibility (this can also include readability, SEO score, etc.)
- There are 2 versions available for usage i.e. Free and Paid, and as per a basic understanding of performing SEO work, Freemium can work on the website but for advanced version SEO work, a user will be required to pay about $99/year (Ext VAT).
One of the most popular ones on this list is Mailchimp, which was introduced back in 2001, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. MailChimp (MC4WP) has over 8.1-star ratings and offers Free & Paid versions of its services.
Whenever you’re working on any new project, this tool can work like a charm as this tool helps in setting up a subscription form in different modules which can be modified accordingly.
Besides this, below are some of the key features of the Mailchimp plugin:
- This plugin enables a developer to customize the form accordingly and comes with the default theme of the user’s website theme and the form can be modified accordingly by using styles builder.
- This plugin will also provide an interface to monitor the traffic activity and source of footfall and later those data can be exported in CSV file format.
- If you’re running a website then it becomes easy to identify what your customers are ordering frequently and future planning can be done accordingly to meet the goals.
Picking up the best WordPress plugin will always have an impact on your business or project, all you need is to have an understanding of selecting the right tool for the website depending upon the requirement. If you’ll check the internet, you might find above 62,000 that serve different purposes, it could be for adding any social media icons, tracking user traffic, or for blocking spam.
The point is to have knowledge of some basic and advanced tools that are highly used while building a WordPress site and that’s why we compiled the list of 7 Best Plugins for WordPress Developers that are highly useful and can incorporate with your website and surely it will add exceptional value to it.